Antioch College is seeking a College Webmaster. Listed below is the job description for the position. Deadline for applications is December 6, 2013. Please submit a cover letter including salary requirements, resume, samples of your work (which may be submitted as hyperlinks) and three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic applications are preferred. If direct mail is required, send documents to Antioch College, Human Resources, One Morgan Place, Yellow Springs OH 45387.
Reporting to the College’s Director of Communications, the College Webmaster is responsible for designing, producing and maintaining various College websites as well as participating in special projects that may require a Web presence. Working on the main site and associated pages, the College Webmaster will extend the Antioch College brand through our Internet presence and contribute to the College's overall Web communications strategy, a key component of the College’s overall communications plan. Working as part of a communications team in the Office of Communications, the College Webmaster will also consult with campus clients to strengthen their pages and messaging in the context of the Antioch College brand.
- Manage, coordinate and update design, navigation, and content for the College home page, primary landing pages and secondary landing pages
- Monitor and ensure consistency of information throughout the website, and edit content as needed
- Work with the Communications team to implement content and design planning and updates
- Optimize the presence, functionality and navigation of the site
- Work with a diverse community of internal clients and both internal and external designers to bring a significantly updated appearance to the website
- Coordinate with system administrators to insure navigability and maintenance of the server
- Facilitate linkages with other software, media, social networking sites, and instructional technology to ensure maximum use and benefit for the College's communications, marketing and educational needs
- Assists the College’s communications staff in the development and placement of multimedia content throughout the site and works to develop a more device-friendly Web presence utilizing responsive design in updating key pages
- Performs other related duties, responsibilities, and projects as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, a collaborative teamwork approach to work projects and a strong service orientation are required
- Experience working in a communications/public relations environment is preferred
- Advanced experience with content management systems, specifically Drupal 6+ and MODx strongly preferred, or other LAMP-based CMS’s
- Experience with LAMP architecture, in particular PHP; familiarity with Apache and MySQL preferred
- Experience with adaptive/responsive web design and/or mobile site design
- Experience with email marketing and email campaign management
- Experience with basic web/IP security concepts and practices (ssh, ssl/tls, etc.) strongly preferred
- Knowledge of graphic creation software such as InDesign, Photoshop, Fireworks, or Illustrator is a plus, as is knowledge of and/or experience with audio and video editing software such as Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, Audacity, ProTools, etc.
- An understanding of “best practices” Web-related trends and previous experience in higher education are highly desirable
- Attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem solving
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple, overlapping deadlines
- The ability to prioritize and reprioritize tasks as necessary and meet critical deadlines is a key to success.
- At least three years of experience with designing, building, and maintaining Web sites is required. A Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, communications, or related field is required. Experience in the development of user-focused sites in Drupal is essential.