Antioch College invites applications for the position of Registrar. The Registrar will provide advice to Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA) and relevant academic bodies in a variety of areas including academic policies involving registration, transfer credit assessment, academic residency and student status, enrollment management, grade policies, student records and transcript policies, monitoring academic progress and degree and graduation audit. The Registrar works very closely with the faculty for course scheduling, grade reporting, and advising information. This position reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and is a member of the Academic Administration Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading and managing the registration and student records operations
- Implementing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, and educational laws and regulations
- Timely report of grades and narrative evaluations to students and faculty advisors.
- Researching, analyzing and resolving student disputes as they relate to records and registration.
- Developing and maintaining the schedule of courses in a year-round curriculum
- Coordinating and assuring credibility and integrity of registration and records system
- Developing and evaluating audit process to ensure integrity of data
- Supervising the assignment of academic facilities for class offerings
- Maintaining the accuracy of the College’s catalog of approved courses and academic policies
- Producing enrollment and registrarial reports regularly
- Conducting regular degree audit for advising and planning purposes
- Preparation and verification of student transcripts.
- Supervising the coordination, evaluation and certification of all graduation applications.
- Prepare commencement list and assist in graduation functions.
- Coordinating and working with the Office of Institutional Research to provide national and state reporting requirements, such as IPEDS.
- Enforcing and ensuring the College’s compliance with the family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)with respect to students academic records
- Developing and administering the office budget.
- Serving on College committees such as Curriculum Committee, Academic Policy and Review Committee, Assessment Committee, among others.
- Continuing to develop and expand the Registrar’s Office
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree in higher education or related fields required.
- Minimum of three years experience working as an Associate Registrar or Registrar in an institution of higher education preferably with a liberal arts orientation.
- Ability to demonstrate extensive knowledge of principles and practices of registration, reporting and records management.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong sense of service orientation, relationship skills, communication skills, analytical skills, ability to work with and interpret enrollment and registrarial data, ability to work with student information system, and proven experience as an effective team leader.
- Excellent communication skills- written and oral.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com. Electronic submission of all materials is strongly preferred. If necessary, hard copies may be mailed to the Registrar Search c/o Human Resources, Antioch College, One Morgan Place, Yellow Springs, OH 45387. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.