Antioch College is searching for a dynamic and creative Web and Graphic Designer. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Web and Graphic Designer serves as a strategic partner in the development and production of print and online communications materials for use in marketing collateral, fundraising proposals, publications and other visual presentations.
Listed below is the job description for the position. Deadline for applications is December 1, 2014. Please submit a cover letter, minimum of 3 samples of graphic design work in PDF format, minimum of 3 samples of digital media work, including Web site design (Please include link(s) to your creative portfolio and/or Web sites you have developed, and describe what your role was on each project if not already specified.), resume and at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic applications are preferred. If direct mail is required, please send documents to Antioch College, Office of Human Resources, One Morgan Place, Yellow Springs OH 45387.
The ideal candidate will have the skills of a web developer and the creativity of a designer, enabling them to execute a variety of print and digital communications.
- Researches, conceives and designs college and department publications and other print and electronic communications.
- Consults with departmental clients to evaluate individual project needs; prepares cost and time estimates for projects.
- Serves as liaison with vendors for outsourced communication projects to ensure quality, customer satisfaction, and adherence to college graphic and branding standards.
- Adds and updates Web content using a CMS (currently using Drupal, but are open to switching to WordPress or another open-source CMS)
- Continually evaluates and updates web site design and functionality to support changing needs of college.
- Serves as team lead on design and web projects as assigned.
- Seeks and employs cutting edge and modern web and graphic design techniques and tools.
- Works efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor's degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, Web design, or related field.
- 3-5 years professional experience in graphic and web design .
- Graphical expertise and high level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (CS6 or higher): Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- High level proficiency in a Web content management system such as Drupal or Wordpress .
- Ability to work well with a team of creatives: directors, photographers, students and writers.
- Experience designing magazines, newsletters, annual reports, etc.
- Experience building webpages managing web content.
- Desire and passion in collaborating across many functional areas of the team.
- Positive attitude about being critiqued and able to critique constructively in a dynamic creative environment.
- Strong abilities in presenting rationale behind strategic, architectural and design decisions.
- Advocate for user experience.
- Results oriented, productive, and dedicated to high quality.