YELLOW SPRINGS, Ohio – October 1, 2010 – Antioch College will celebrate Founders Day on October 15-16 with a series of events that includes a community potluck, film screening and public address from Interim President Matthew A. Derr.
The schedule brings villagers and the College together for a shared celebration. Members of the Board Pro Tem, Alumni Board, college alumni, former and emeriti faculty, Yellow Springs residents and volunteers are invited to attend.
Schedule of Events
Friday, October 15
- 6:30-8:00 p.m. – Community Potluck in the Antioch College Art Building. Please bring a side dish to share. Drinks and table service will be provided, and C.J.’s will serve pulled chicken and macaroni and cheese. Local musicians The Corndaddys will play during dinner.
- 8:15-9:00 p.m. – Screening of the Twilight Zone episode “Changing of the Guard” in the Goodman Amphitheater
- 9:00 p.m.- midnight – Bonfire and dance. Dr. DJ Falafel ’08 will spin in the Goodman Amphitheater
(Rain location: South Hall)
- 12:45 p.m. – Ringing of the Bell and reading by Jim Rose at the Horace Mann obelisk
- 1:15 p.m. – State of the College by Interim President Matthew Derr ’89
(Dessert reception will immediately follow on the porch of Pennell House)
- 6:00-8:30 p.m. – Artist’s reception in Herndon Gallery for “Emergent Visions: Young Antiochians Make Art”
Saturday, October 16
Gariot P. Louima
Chief Communications Officer